Friday, May 04, 2007

Work, work, work

I have been pretty busy lately, so haven't had time to update the blog. I am trying to finish up my interim papers so I can take my oral exams. UGH. I was hoping that I would be able to take them by the time we moved in early July, but that is not going to happen. I think I had a good shot at it, but then I didn't do any work for a month b/c we were so wrapped up in trying to decide where we wanted to go next year.

I am leaving this Thursday to go to Europe for almost a week, and won't have time to do any work then (I could take my laptop, but would also have to take the converter, etc. which is a huge huge pain). We are just so, so busy with things that are NOT school. My plan is now to take my orals by the end of the summer. I will probably have a big chunk of time then when I won't be able to work b/c of moving and getting settled, but really, I have to get going.

I mentioned several months ago that I've been using a dissertation coach, and I cannot say enough good things about it. I am using an online coaching message board, so it is affordable ($50/month) and it really helps me focus and work at least a little bit each day.

I am currently writing my third paper. I am chugging through. It is tough, but I know I can do it.

No comments: