Ten years ago I was just starting my senior year of high school. Satan had earmarked my house as a corner of hell, which is a special gift he gives to most first-born children heading off to college. This manifests itself in your mother going batsh*t crazy and making your life a living hell. This happened to several of my friends, so I know I'm not the only one. It is supposed to make the transition easier for both of you because you both want you to get the hell out of the house. I was also starting to prepare my early-decision application for my college of choice (which I got into, yay), and probably taking the SAT for the second time somewhere around this time as well.
Five years ago I had JUST moved to the DC area and was about to start my first "big girl" job. This was the beginning of the happiest year of my life!
One year ago Married for 3 months. Similar place to where I am now- doing school, hating it, constantly thinking about quitting. Still in the honeymoon phase with my advisor (i.e. before she discovered how lazy I am...).
- chocolate chip cookies (preferably homemade)
- Tostidos Hint Of Lime Chips
- Trader Joe's Roasted Tomatillo Salsa (but not with the hint of lime chips, with regular tortilla chips only
- String cheese
- Krispy Kreme donuts- chocolate iced glazed. MMMM.
Five Songs I know all the words to
- Caught a Lite Sneeze- Tori Amos
- Dancing Queen- ABBA
- The Boxer-Simon & Garfunkel
- 867-5309-Tommy Tutone
- Love Shack- The B-52's
There are more. But it only asked for five. If you asked my husband, he wouldn't be able to list a single one. He doesn't pay attention to the lyrics and is tone deaf. He's all about the beat. Sometimes he claps along with the music. Not necessarily with the beat, though. Poor soul, he isn't musically inclined.
Five Places to Run Away to
- Washington DC. Haven't managed it yet, though.
- A bookstore cafe
- My parent's house, which is also sometimes a place tot run away from
- The movies, preferably foreign, preferably alone
Five things I would never wear
- Anything, and I mean ANYTHING yellow.
- Pleated pants
- Daisy Dukes
- Pasties without wearing something over them
- A muu muu
Five favorite TV shows
- West Wing, even though it's sucked since Aaron Sorkin got sober and left.
- The Daily Show. Jon Stewart, American Hero.
- Barefoot Contessa
- Clean Sweep
- The Sopranos
Five biggest joys
- Getting into college
- Graduating from college
- Getting married
- Driving down the GW Parkway on the way back from Target during my first year in DC, feeling completely happy that I was totally in control of my fabulous life.
- October 1997. It was a really good month.
- DVD player
Five people to pass this onto
I'm not sure I have five people that I know well enough to pass this onto! Oh well. Hanni and Angela I would pass it on to my other friend Chris, but I'm not sure he would even do it.
Feel free to tag yourself, gentle readers! Leave a comment if you do it so I can read it, please!