Friday, July 08, 2005

weddings

Just got back several days ago from a 2 week trip for 2 different weddings. The first one was my sister's, and the second one was one of DH's friends from high school.

Here are some anonymous pics from my sister's wedding:

Dress and flowers



Close up of detail on cake



Table with favors, guest book, and decorative bride and groom teddy bears (the groom bear is a Marine, just like my sister's DH)



I have to say that I enjoyed the second wedding more, for a couple of reasons. One, I was just guest. No bridesmaid duties for me, no sisterly support, etc. I could just show up and have fun. Two, the second wedding had two things that are missing from a lot of weddings. First, the bride and groom were genuinely excited to be getting married to each other. It was clear that they really loved each other a lot. Second, there was also a sense of anticipation of the wedding actually being the start of a life together.

My sister's wedding had the first, but not the second. They had been living together for at LEAST two years, they bought a house a year ago, etc., so it was almost like the wedding was just a formality to them, and they were doing it b/c everyone expected them to. My sister was so nervous the week before, and was really wishing that she eloped, she didn't want the wedding, was doing it b/c everyone else wanted her to, et cetera.

Just an interesting observation.

On another note, I decided to write a parole letter after all. I need to overnight it today for it to get there by the 13th. That's okay, though. It's worth it. The more I think about it, the more I really don't want him to get parole.

No comments: