Thursday, May 05, 2005

Not unhappy today!

Today has been a pretty good day. I had this meeting with my advisor, who, as always, made me feel better. She kicks ass.

I decided not to go to the memorial service for the MBA student, which was today. I had originally planned on going, but I thought it might just depress me. If I were close to him, or close to his friends and family, I would have just sucked it up, but today, I decided to preserve my good spirits.

But I'm thinking about his friends and family. They have a long road ahead of them. Man.

Instead, I went grocery shopping with DH. We have our meals planned out for the next two days, and we needed to get supplies. We were at Trader Joe's, and I suggested that I make a blackberry crumble (aka a "crisp"), and, I swear, DH looked like I had just told him that I didn't have any underwear on.

Men have a bad reputation for thinking with their penises. My husband thinks with his stomach!

No comments: